Who dies in youth and vigour, dies the best.
You look boldly ahead; isn't it only that you don't see or divine anything terrible in the future; because life is still hidden from your young eyes.
- Youth, my good friend, you certainly require
- When foes in battle round you press,
- When a fair maid, her heart on fire,
- Hangs on your neck with fond caress,
- When from afar, the victor's crown,
- Allures you in the race to run;
- Or when in revelry you drown
- Your sense, the whirling dance being done.
- Thou know’st the o’er-eager vehemence of youth,
- How quick in temper, and in judgement weak.
There is something so amiable in the prejudices of a young mind, that one is sorry to see them give way to the reception of more general opinions.
Youth's a stuff will not endure.
- My salad days,
- When I was green in judgment.
Only youth has a taste of immortality.
- He wears the rose
- Of youth upon him.
The days of my youth, as I look back on them, seem to fly away from me in a flurry of pale repetitive scraps like those morning snow storms of used tissue paper that a train passenger sees whirling in the wake of the observation car.
To pass our youth in dull indifference, to refuse the sweets of life because they once must leave us, is as preposterous as to wish to have been born old, because we one day must be old. For my part, my youth may wear and waste, but it shall never rust in my possession.
We all know, what old men seek is to recover their youth in the arms of young women.
It was good that God kept the truths of life from the young as they were starting out or else they'd have no heart to start at all.
More Youth Quotes